This video is worth watching for the full five minutes. It's another response to Vice President Biden’s call for videos
on what health reform means to you, and it puts the phrase "reality check" in a different light.
In a lot of ways the video is powerful because it's not that unique. It's not about some bizarre set of circumstances that made him fall through the cracks of insurance company bureaucracy, it's just the story of a guy who has had to go in and out of health care as his employment fortunes turned, and watched as his premiums and out-of-pocket costs just climbed and climbed.
I just hopped over to the "What's In It For You" quiz
and entered a description of this man based solely on what he discusses in the video. The results that came out are below, and again, this is based just on what he revealed – there may well be more in it for him based on things he didn’t discuss. All the more reason for you to take the quiz yourself. Also, click here
to see all the video responses so far.
· Reform will bring down costs generally and make insurance more affordable and accessible, ensuring more choices for quality coverage
· Reform will allow you to keep the coverage you have if you want to
· Reform will establish an insurance exchange that will provide easy one-stop shopping to compare rates and services and promote competition
· Reform will streamline and simplify paperwork and cut the bureaucracy for you and your doctor
· Reform will ensure you always have choices of quality, affordable health insurance no matter how often you move or change jobs
· Reform puts a cap on what insurance companies can force you to pay in out of pocket expenses, co-pays and deductibles
· Reform will prohibit insurance companies from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for you or your family members if you become seriously ill
· Reform will prevent insurance companies from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive
· Reform will require insurance companies to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full