White House Announces 2015 Fall Garden Tours
October 17 and 18, 2015
WASHINGTON, DC – This fall, the White House will be opening its gardens and grounds to visitors on Saturday, October 17 from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM EDT, and Sunday, October 18 from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM EDT. During this event, visitors can see the Jacqueline Kennedy Garden, Rose Garden and South Lawn of the White House. Additionally, the White House Kitchen Garden – the first vegetable garden at the White House since Eleanor Roosevelt’s Victory Garden – will be accessible to guests.
This event is free and open to the public; however, a ticket is required for all attendees (including small children). The National Park Service will distribute free, timed tickets at the Ellipse Visitor Pavilion located near 15th and E Streets Northwest on each tour day beginning at 9:00 AM. Tickets will be distributed -- one ticket per person -- on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note the following items are not allowed on the White House grounds:
- Tablets, iPads, Tripods, Monopods, or Selfie Sticks
- Video Recorders
- All Bags, including Purses, Backpacks, or Suitcases
- Animals other than Service/ Guide Dogs
- Bicycles, Folding Chairs, Umbrellas with metal tips, Balloons, Coolers, Glass, Thermal or Metal Containers
- Signs or Flags of Any Kind
- Any Pointed Object(s), Including Pocket Knives
- Diaper Bags
- Food, Liquids, Aerosols, Tobacco Products, Lighters
- Firearms, Ammunition, Fireworks, Laser Pointers, Stun Guns/Tasers, Mace/Pepper Spray, Toy Weapons or Knives of Any Kind
- Any Other Items Determined to be Potential Safety Hazards
The U.S. Secret Service reserves the right to prohibit any other personal items. However, strollers, wheelchairs, umbrellas (no metal tips), and cameras are permitted. All items needed for medical purposes will be permitted on the tour (e.g. wheelchairs, electric scooters, glucose tablets, EpiPens, etc.). Please identify and explain all items needed for medical purposes to U.S. Secret Service upon arrival.
In the event of inclement weather, the event may be cancelled. Please call the 24-hour information line at (202) 456-7041 to check on the status of the event.