Media Advisory: Meeting of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)
DATE: Friday, March 12, 2010
TIME: 8:30 a.m. until approximately 3 p.m.
National Academies, 2100 C St. NW, Washington, DC
(nearest Metro: Foggy Bottom)
- National Nanotechnology Initiative
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education
- Robert Paarlberg, Professor of Political Science at Wellesley College and expert in international food security
- Roger Beachy, Director, National Institute of Food and Agriculture, United States Department of Agriculture
- Steven C. Beering, Chair, National Science Board (NSB)
- Louis J. Lanzerotti, Chair, NSB Science and Engineering Indicators Committee
REGISTRATION AND AGENDA:To attend in-person, please register at the following website: http://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/administration/eop/ostp/pcast/meetings. This meeting will be livestreamed on the Web. To watch live (no registration required) and to view the full agenda please go to the website above.
PCAST is an advisory group of the nation’s leading scientists and engineers who directly advise the President and the Executive Office of the President. PCAST makes policy recommendations in the many areas where understanding of science, technology, and innovation is key to strengthening our economy and forming policies that work for the American people. PCAST is administered by the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP). OSTP was created by Congress in 1976 to serve as a source of scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans, and programs of the federal government. For more information, visit www.ostp.gov