Media Advisory: PCAST Meeting on March 8
MEDIA and STAKEHOLDER ADVISORY
Meeting of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)
DATE: Tuesday, March 8, 2011
TIME: 10 a.m. until approximately 5 p.m.
LOCATION: Marriott Metro Center – Junior Ballroom 775 12th Street, NW, Washington, DC (nearest Metro station: Metro Center)
- Federal Statistical System
- Status of Implementation of PCAST Influenza Report Recommendations
- Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation Research and Development
PCAST Study Updates
- Biodiversity Preservation and Ecosystem Sustainability
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Higher Education
- Katherine Wallman, Chief U.S. Statistician, Office of Management and Budget
- Nicole Lurie, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness & Response, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Anne Harrington, Deputy Administrator for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation, National Nuclear Security Administration
REGISTRATION: To attend in-person, register at the following website: obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/ostp/pcast. This meeting will be live-streamed on the Web. To watch live (no registration required) or for an archived stream, go to the same website.
For full agenda (subject to change), visit: obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/ostp/pcast/meetings.