White House Announces 2016 Fall Garden Tours
October 8 and 9, 2016
WASHINGTON – This fall, the White House is opening its gardens and grounds to visitors on Saturday, October 8 from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM EDT, and Sunday, October 9 from 10:00 AM to 2:30 PM EDT. During this event, visitors can see the Jacqueline Kennedy Garden, Rose Garden and South Lawn of the White House. Additionally, the White House Kitchen Garden – the first vegetable garden at the White House since Eleanor Roosevelt’s Victory Garden – will be accessible to guests.
This event is free and open to the public; however, a ticket is required for all attendees (including small children). The National Park Service will distribute free, timed tickets at the Ellipse Visitor Pavilion located near 15th and E Streets Northwest on each tour day beginning at 8:30 AM. Tickets will be distributed -- one ticket per person -- on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note the following items are not allowed on the White House grounds:
- Laptops, Tablets, iPads, Tripods, Monopods, Camera Sticks.
- Large Bags, Backpacks, and Suitcases.
- Umbrellas with metal tips.
- Drones and other Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- Animals other than Service/Guide Dogs.
- Bicycles, Folding Chairs, Balloons, Coolers, Glass, Thermal or Metal Containers, Signs or Flags of Any Kind.
- Any Pointed Object(s), Including Pocket Knives.
- Food, Liquids, Aerosols, Tobacco Products, Lighters, Personal Grooming Items, Firearms, Ammunition, Fireworks, Laser Pointers, Stun Guns/Tasers, Mace/Pepper Spray,
- Toy Weapons or Knives of Any Kind.
- Any other Items determined to be Potential Safety Hazards.
The U.S. Secret Service reserves the right to prohibit any other personal items. However, strollers, wheelchairs, umbrellas (without metal tips), and cameras are permitted. All items needed for medical purposes will be permitted on the tour (e.g. wheelchairs, electric scooters, glucose tablets, EpiPens, etc.). Please be prepared to identify and explain all items needed for medical purposes to U.S. Secret Service upon arrival.
In the event of inclement weather, the event may be cancelled. Please call the 24-hour information line at (202) 456-7041 to check on the status of the event.