Host A Precision-Medicine Event in Your Community!
A year ago, President Obama brought together experts in medicine, science, and technology to announce the creation of the Precision Medicine Initiative (PMI), with the bold goal to accelerate biomedical discovery and give clinicians new tools, knowledge, and therapies to tailor treatments to individuals.
Since then, we’ve been humbled by incredible support from across the country to move aggressively forward on the President’s vision.
This effort requires an all-hands-on-deck approach, so as we continue the Federal Government’s work, we know that the work you are doing is just as important. Now it’s time for communities to play a vital role in making the President’s vision a reality.
If you or your organization is interested in hosting a precision medicine event in your community, please fill out the form below by February 26.
These events will be a great opportunity to:
- Demonstrate deep collaboration across government, industry, academics, patients and delivery systems.
- Spark local innovation and entrepreneurship around precision medicine and digital data.
- Create new action to achieve the priorities and values of our collective precision-medicine efforts:
- Make it easier for patients to access, understand, and share their own digital-health data, including donating it for research.
- Engage participants as partners in research, including returning results to them in dynamic, user-centered ways.
- Adhere to strong privacy and data-security principles.
- Reduce disparities and bring the promise of precision medicine to everyone.
- Open up data and technology tools to invite citizen participation, unleash new discoveries, and bring together diverse collaborators to share their unique skills.