Join a Conversation on Community Policing
Ed. note: This call has concluded, but you can listen to the live-stream of the conference call below:
On Thursday, May 21 at 4:00 p.m. ET, we want you to join us for a special call on community policing with:
- Roy Austin, Deputy Assistant to the President for Urban Affairs, Justice, and Opportunity
- Brittany Packnett, Member of the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing
- DJ Patil, U.S. Chief Data Scientist
- David Wilkinson, Director of the White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation
On the call, we'll talk about the need to have strong, collaborative relationships between police and the communities they serve. We'll also highlight new steps we're taking to improve community-police relations through the use of open data, demilitarizing local police forces, and other recommendations from the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing.
If you want to participate in this conference call, please sign up here and let us know what questions you'd like us to answer. The call will be streamed live on this page on May 21 at 4:00 p.m. ET (http://go.wh.gov/WTP-call).
- Fact sheet: "Creating Opportunity for All Through Stronger, Safer Communities"
- Final report and recommendations from the President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing
- Launch of the Police Data Initiative
- Final report from the Law Enforcement Equipment Working Group
- The Department of Justice's national body-worn camera toolkit
- President Obama's remarks to youth and law enforcement in Camden, NJ
For your submission