West Wing Week: 03/27/2015 or, “The Magic Page”
This week, the President welcomed to the White House both student filmmakers and student scientists, hosted the Afghan president, and honored the five year anniversary of the Affordable Care Act, while the First Lady championed the Let Girls Learn initiative in Japan and Cambodia. That's March 20th to March 26th or, "The Magic Page."
Don't forget to tune in next week for a special, 5th-anniversary edition of West Wing Week:
Friday, March 20th
- The President sat down with the Huffington Post to discuss a wide range of topics.
- The President spoke at the second-ever White House Student Film Festival and announced a one million hour pledge from the entertainment industry to mentor young people.
Saturday, March 21st
- The President supported his niece at Princeton’s opening round NCAA basketball game.
- The First Lady championed Let Girls Learn in Japan and Cambodia.
Monday, March 23rd
- The President welcomed over 100 young scientists to the fifth annual White House Science Fair.
- The President spoke at the SelectUSA Investment Summit.
Tuesday, March 24th
- The President welcomed Afghan President Ghani to the White House and held a joint press conference.
Wednesday, March 25th
- The President marked the 5th anniversary of the successful passage of the Affordable Care Act.
- Leaders from Boy Scouts of America presented the President with a token of appreciation, their annual report, and an updated membership card.
- The President met with local officials and small business exporters to discuss trade.
Thursday, March 26th
- The President traveled to Birmingham, Alabama to participate in a round table on the economy.