West Wing Week: 07/10/15 or, “Bask in the Glory”
This week, the President celebrated the 239th birthday of the United States, chatted with some World Cup champions, met with his national security team to discuss our anti-ISIL strategy, and hosted an historic Oval Office visit. That's July 3rd to July 9th or, "Bask in the Glory."
- On Saturday, the President invited military heroes and their families to celebrate Independence Day on the South Lawn of the White House.
- On Sunday, the Vice President and Dr. Biden led a U.S. delegation to the 2015 Women's World Cup Final.
- On Monday, the President called Team USA to congratulate the champions for bringing home the World Cup -- and to ask for some advice.
- Later, the President spoke at the Pentagon about his comprehensive strategy to degrade and destroy the terrorist group, ISIL.
- On Tuesday, the President made history -- he invited the General Secretary of Vietnam to the White House for the first time since our countries normalized relations 20 years ago.
- In the afternoon, the President met with healthcare experts who are revolutionizing how we improve health and treat disease, as part of his Precision Medicine Initiative.
- Later that evening, the President welcomed the Senate Democratic Caucus to the White House.
- Meanwhile, the President's plan to increase access to solar technology, specifically in low and moderate-income communities, was put into action.
- On Thursday, the White House hosted the inaugural Tribal Youth Gathering, bringing together more than 875 Native youth representing 230 tribes from 42 different states.