Joining Forces: Wellness
Let’s ensure that our service members, veterans, and their families can connect to resources that enhance their wellbeing.
Service members, veterans, and their families are highly resilient, but the stresses of war, multiple deployments, and frequent moves can impact their emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Joining Forces' Wellness Priorities
- Call attention to the critical issues facing service members, veterans, and their families.
- Amplify wellness programming and resources.
- Encourage and facilitate commitments to train and educate healthcare providers on the unique needs of service members, veterans, their families, and caregivers.
Wellness Resources for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- The Campaign to Change Direction is a nationwide public awareness effort to bring attention to Mental Health issues while educating and connecting individuals to the resources they need.
- Military OneSource provides comprehensive information on every aspect of military life to active duty, Guard, and reserve service members, and their families. Military OneSource also offers specialized webinars and resources for the caregivers of wounded warriors.
- Vet Centers across the country provide a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to combat Veterans and their families.
- VA Caregiver Support offers specialized include tools, training, and support resources for caregivers of veterans.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day.
- The Department of Defense Outreach Center for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury provides authoritative information and resources 24/7 to service members, veterans, and their families, and those who support them. Call 1-866-966-1020 or email email@example.com.