Internship Program

The White House Office of Management and Budget is seeking interns for its Legislative Affairs division. This internship is open to high-caliber undergraduate students entering their junior or senior year of college, ideally pursuing academic degrees in public policy, political science, economics, or other related fields.

  • OMB Legislative Affairs: OMB’s Office of Legislative Affairs works closely with White House Office of Legislative Affairs, Federal Agency Legislative Affairs offices, and Congressional offices on current legislative issues.  The office conveys information and strategies to the Director to inform decisions on Administration policies.  The office, in turn, disseminates budget materials, descriptions of relevant concerns, and statements to Congress to communicate the Administration’s positions.  The Office of Legislative Affairs also advises the OMB Director and the organization on legislative issues and developments, provides expertise on the congressional budget process, oversees correspondence with the Hill, and manages the clearance and transmittal of the President’s Budget and the Administration’s Statements of Administration Policy.

Candidates should be adept in handling a variety of tasks simultaneously, and should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Duties include answering phones, processing Congressional correspondence, monitoring and tracking legislation and committee hearings, delivering reports to Capitol Hill, and other tasks as needed. Interns will be expected to work about 40 hours per week. Although this is an unpaid internship, students will be eligible for a full public transportation subsidy.

U.S. Citizenship and successful completion of a background check is required.

APPLICATION PROCESS: To become a student volunteer, you must be enrolled, no less than half-time, in a recognized educational institution. Half- and full-time status is determined by the recognized educational institution. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and proof of current enrollment to Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.