Jump to main content
Jump to navigation
This week, the President traveled to the North American Leaders Summit in Toluca, Mexico, to California to address the current drought and to meet with the King of Jordan, and to Upper Marlboro, Maryland to announce an increase in fuel efficiency standards for heavy trucks. That's February 14th to February 20th or "Don't Make Small Plans, Make Big Plans."
Friday, February 14th
· The President travelled to Los Banos, California to tour a local farm and participate in a roundtable discussion with community leaders to hear about the effects of the areas drought.
· The President then met with King Abdullah II of Jordan for a bilateral meeting to discuss the U.S.-Jordanian strategic partnership,
Tuesday, February 18th
· The President traveled to the Safeway distribution center in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, where he set the next round of fuel efficiency standards for medium and heavy-duty trucks.
· The President was visited by seven Japanese American World War II veterans, to honor their service to this country.
Wednesday, February 19th
· The President traveled to Toluca, Mexico, where he participated in the North American Leaders Summit.